We are born in a wedding-world where satin, silk and chiffon, matchy-matchy bridesmaid dresses reign. While some would choose the mismatched look using these fabrics, it is still refreshing and exciting to see some brides choose fabrics that are different from the usuals – something that would mirror more their character and individual tastes. This is the same with plus size bridesmaid dresses.
I have curated below 5 fabrics that are seldom chosen as material for bridesmaid dresses. Before we begin, one thing I will say about choosing a bridesmaid dress is that you might want to consider purchasing a dress that you can repurpose for more than one occasion. We all love going to weddings and so owning a dress that would be suitable for more than one occasion could save you a lot of stress and time in the long run! You can check out a wide variety of Convertible bridesmaid dress options online. Back to fabrics now though and I’m sure your girls would love any of these lovely dresses, long after you exchange I-Dos!
1. Knitted Fabric – cardigans are not only cute on the flower girls, they will also look gorg on your girls!
photo source: Bridesmaid
2. Sequined, Glittery Fabric – it Shines, it Sparkles. ‘Nuf said!
photo source: Tec Petaja
3. Printed Fabric – either subtle or bold, printed dresses will surely catch attention!
4. Cotton Fabric – cotton is a usual choice for a sundress, but for a bridesmaid dress? Not so. Dare to break the norm, and see that using cotton as a bridesmaid dress actually works!
photo source: Monirose
photo source: Style Me Pretty
5. Lace Fabric – using lace for your girls’ dresses scream classic vintage goodness that’s both classy and chic!
photo source: The Knot